- Sticky Brain – where I store everything that doesn’t stick in my brain
- Omni Outliner – a great outlining and note taking program
- Omni Graffle – killer charting and diagraming
- What Size? – how to find those space hogging files and get rid of them
- Audacity – great open-source audio recording and editing program. Even the Byrds’ Roger McGuinn uses it.
- Audio Hijack Pro – I’m using it to record my Podcasts (if I ever take the time to finish one)
- Konfabulator – where Jobs et al got the idea for Dashboard. I’m still a loyal Konfabulator user
- iSeek – from Ambrosia Software – a great little multi-site search tool that lives in the Mac Menu Bar. I use it to search Wikipedia hourly
- Snapz Pro X – screen still and motion capture – also from Ambrosia
- iBiz (formerly known as iWork) – for managing my consulting hours/billing
UPDATE October 17th to 13 Mac Apps:
ecto is now my primary means of posting to this blog. It’s a great little program. I’m also loving two great shareware apps from Peter Maurer:
- Textpander – type an abbreviation and Textpander fills it in. Do you make a consistent typing error – use Textpander to always fix it.
- Witch – The Command-Tab combo lets me change open applications. Using Witch, option-tab lets me cycle through the open windows. Very nice.
- Quicksilver – a very cool launcher and search tool.
[posted with ecto]