John MacArthur, Emerging Grace 2 You

kinnon —  December 7, 2006 — 7 Comments

NomoremrniceguyUsing the same scholarly skills shown to such shocking advantage in his book, Charismatic Chaos, Dr. John reveals the evil behind the Emerging Church movement. Minutes, if not hours of strenuous research has gone into this work that reveals the very heart of this Satan-influenced movement in the Church:

,,,its proponents are much more interested in dialogue and conversation. As a result, propositional truth (which tends to end dialogue rather than start it) is scorned and rebuffed as an outmoded vestige of twentieth-century modernism.

I must heartily agree with Dr. John; we need more propositional truth to end dialogue – one can never avoid enough "dialogue and conversation." We just need to sit at the feet of such erudite expositors of the correct exegesis of scripture as Dr. John.

Dan-Kimball-2Poor Dan Kimball attempts to respond to the powerful arguments of Dr. John, but one feels he’s not up to the challenge. I mean, what does dear Dan really know about the Emerging Church. Oh sure, he’s written a couple of books about it, The Emerging Church and Emerging Worship but what does that say about him. Good grief, Brian McLaren wrote the forward to TEC. Need I say more. (And just look at his hair, for heaven’s sake. Dan’s not Brian’s. Brian is follicly-challenged)

Granted, Dan has actually been to numerous churches that call themselves Emerging and even co-leads one  –  but how important is actual research & experience – surely there’s enough information on the interweb and in DA Carson’s book for Dr. John to come to his most scholarly conclusions. He is Dr. J, after all. He’s read the Bible from cover to cover more than once. I doubt any of the emerging church folk even own bibles – well, at least not translations that me and Dr. J would approve of.

No. If you want to be safe, you must adhere to the gracious wisdom and knowledge of Dr. John. Let him do all the thinking for you. You’ll be a better Christian for it.

(Please note: This post in know way means to confuse Dr. John MacArthur with that other Dr. John, Malcolm John Rebennack Jr., the infamous New Orleans based boogie woogie piano playing miscreant.)

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

7 responses to John MacArthur, Emerging Grace 2 You

1. Oh brother.

I had to write a paper this semester “comparing” D.A. Carson’s book to McLaren’s Generous Orthodoxy,…

2. and….

3. It amazes me how too many christians entrenched within their camps can’t resist the compulsion to put people into boxes and paint them balck or white. That comment on ending dialogue with doctrine is exactly what speaking the truth in love is all about…right? Like conversion can happen without conversaiton. unless, of coarse we venture into our checkered church past….

4. …and

let’s just say the paper was 10 pages of conversational apologetic for the validity of McLaren’s point of view. I’d be happy to email you the paper if you would like to read it 🙂

5. What’s sad is that there are such a great number of people who trust Dr John’s books that if he says that the EC is filled with apostate false teachers who have slipped into the church, they’ll believe him. Many in the church I serve think highly of MacArthur, so I had to respond at my blog, Vanguard Church.

Here are the links:
    John MacArthur’s Post-Enlightenment Philosophical Understanding of “Truth”
    Is Rob Bell a Godless Man, Condemned by God?
    Is Postmodernism Primarily Concerned with Truth?
    Straw Men – The Emerging Church is Filled with Hard Postmodernists
    MacArthur Fits His Own Criteria for an Apostate

6. An Intrigued Onlooker July 9, 2008 at 8:58 am

I have been a believer for 22 years, long enough to be disenchanted with the church numerous times over. The EC movement has intrigued me…I like the idea of throwing out the status quo and rethinking why we do things the way we do, so I started reading some EC websites and blogs. It’s unfortunate that yours seems rather typical of what I’ve been reading, albiet a bit more sarcastic than most…the bashing is disheartening. If you’re convinced you’re in the right, why do you feel the need to lash out at your critics? The LORD is the only judge whose opinion matters, and He says to return good for evil, no?

The EC movement is a good idea being mismanaged.

Trackbacks and Pingbacks:

1. Every Thought Captive - December 12, 2006

Truth Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

Seen recently in the blogosphere: Discussion of John MacArthur’s new book The Truth War: Fighting for Certainty in an Age of Deception, including riffs from the Internet Monk, Dan Kimball (Vintage Faith) and Bill Kinnon (Achievable Ends).