This is one event that I wish I was in town for (and who knows, my wish may be granted.) From the Cultivate site:
Cultivate Gathering is a learning party. What does that mean? Well, basically it’s designed to be everything good about a conference without all the rigamarole… and much more fun and interactive.
- Instead of charging in the hundreds of dollars for one ticket, it’s only $50 and that includes a terrific lunch.
- Instead of maxing out our capacity we are limiting our numbers to give everyone there the best possible environment for networking.
- Instead of bringing in some big-name, American speakers to tell us what they already wrote in their latest book we are looking to Canadian church planters and leaders to tell their stories.
- Instead of you listening to message after message and being filled with information we want you to be part of a dialogue with people in similar shoes and learn and grow within that relationship.
- Instead of some fancy shmancy hotel, convention centre or big church building, Cultivate Gathering is taking place at a local coffee house: www.frwy.ca