Inerrant Discussion

kinnon —  May 8, 2008 — 9 Comments

I’ve gotten myself into a discussion of biblical inerrancy at Triple D’s blog. Anyone else care to join in over there?

Imbi and I were both up around 4am this morning and we are off shortly to Wycliffe College for most of the day. Doing a video shoot with Old Testament Professor, Dr. Marion Taylor. I’ll attempt to get her perspective on this discussion.

9 responses to Inerrant Discussion

1. Just looking for the closest foxhole. 😉

It’s good to have you back, Bill, 4 a.m.! I hate jetlag.

2. Dude – you’ve got to be kidding…

3. So what did Dr. Taylor have to say?

4. “I got more important things to do, than spend my time growing old with you.”

Wait.

That was Burton Cummings in American Woman.

Dr. T suggested that the “inerrancy” discussion is a peculiarly American pass time. And then moved on to the reason we were together.

5. Then I must be “un”American … because I find it unproductive and a waste of time.

I’m with Mike …

6. Blog post coming…

7. Sonja,
    I believe what was meant was a “peculiarly American Reformed Theological” pastime – rather than tarnishing all USAmericans with the same brush. That being said, I think you and Mike are right – and Imbi would concur, I wasted a lot of time engaging in the inerrancy argument this week. (Though I did think the initial blog conversation with Triple D was profitable for both of us.) I need to learn to pick my battles better.

8. I hope we’ll get Bill’s regular blogging back soon. I miss it.

“I believe what was meant was a ‘peculiarly American Reformed Theological’ pastime.” I have a book on my wishlist that tries to show that this isn’t a modern, western Enlightenment view. I’ll have to try to pick it up to see if it makes any sense.

You are a good man, Bill. Let’s leave this debate behind. Hope to connect with you soon.

9. P.S. Grenz says you’re good.

“However important inerrancy may appear to be, a person need not affirm that the Bible is without error in all areas in order to acknowledge it as authoritative.”

I agree. 🙂