To My Missional Leader Friends

kinnon —  March 30, 2009 — 6 Comments

ShockedGeekonGreen-1.jpg

Please. I beseech thee.

In the name of all things good and true.

And.

Especially, in this time of economic downturn. When you could help a graphic artist out.*

STOP DOING YOUR OWN CHARTS & GRAPHICS

Just because you have tools that let you do it, DOESN’T MEAN YOU SHOULD.

They hurt our eyes.

Stop it.

Just.

Stop it.

BTW. This goes for the rest of you wannabe designers. PowerPoint is NOT a creative tool. Period.

OK. I feel better.

*Although I make a part of my living designing animated and broadcast graphics, I do not consider myself a graphic artist. Not even remotely.

6 responses to To My Missional Leader Friends

1. Bill, you lost me… or did this image truly offend thee? ;^)

2. PowerPoint is NOT a creative tool. Period.

hahaha … my all time favorite line in a blog post. EVAH!!!

It should be like the eleventh commandment – Truly, truly I say unto you, PowerPoint shalt not be used unto creative purposes. Thou shalt put such temptation from thee.

3. LOL! You crack me up. Makes me want pump out some bad graphics just for you. (wink) Seriously though, if ever there was a medium for bad, homemade graphics, aren’t blogs the place?

Peace,
    Jamie

4. link to sethgodin.typepad.com

I guess the answer to bad graphics is not no graphics, just good graphics.

5. For those of who are graphics design challenge, I offer the following tutorial that I came across today.
    link to psd.tutsplus.com

6. But Bill, if I outsource my graphics, then I’ll need a Pastor of Graphics. And since that isn’t a cool enough name, I will need a Pastor of Hip Design, or simply ‘Pastor of Hip’. But then, I am giving away my hip- ness. But then I can’t have a megachurch, I can’t have a radio show or be a speaker at major conferences, I probably will never have a first- class espresso maker in my church…do you see the massive domino effect of taking your advice? The Christian church hangs on this, Bill, at least in my city. I NEED to do my own graphics.

Which, of course, is why we have bulletins in our church, b/c I couldn’t graphic my way out of … anywhere.